For over 25 years, Cedar Crest Hospital has successfully served thousands of individuals and their families with a proven history of success in the treatment of substance abuse, mental health, and PTSD. Cedar Crest is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Central Texas, home to one of the largest military installations in the world. Our innovative programs and new facilities have been specially designed to help military service members from all branches of the United States Military and their families cope with the unique stresses that arise from military deployment, including the following:
- Combat stress and trauma-related issues
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- All psychiatric disorders
The Military Patriot Program is staffed with nurses, social workers, therapists, and psychiatrists who are uniquely qualified to provide first-class mental health and substance abuse treatment for service members and their families. The Military Patriot Program offers help, hope, and healing through many different treatment approaches, including:
- State-of-the-art facilities on a 30-acre campus-style environment providing a serene environment for recovery and healing
- State-of-the-art gym and physical training with a personal trainer
- Swimming pool
- Ongoing assessment and outcome measures
- Computer access and daily homework assignments
- Cognitive processing therapy (CPT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBTI)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Multiple group sessions throughout the day
- PTSD-specific curriculum
- Detoxification and substance abuse curriculum
- Co-occurring disorder curriculum
- Military medication formulary
- Weekly updates and treatment coordination with Command and military staff
- Transportation available for pick up and return of service members
- Open access visitation for Commanding Officers, Chaplains, and Counselors
Cedar Crest is proud to offer a variety of programs to help military service members from all branches of the United States Military and their families, including:
Short-term acute inpatient hospitalization program: The Military Patriot Program at Cedar Crest provides intensive psychiatric care to stabilize immediate crises and give our clients and their families the skills to prevent future crises.
Post-traumatic stress disorder program: Our PTSD Program combines the best of currently-respected therapeutic interventions specifically designed for military service members. This program offers integrated treatment for co-occurring substance abuse and post-traumatic stress.
Chemical dependency program: Our Legacy Chemical Dependence Program is designed to reclaim soldiers from harmful dependency on mood-altering and prescription drugs. Based upon Hazelden’s evidence-based Focus on Integration Treatment (FIT) program, our program focuses upon teaching recognition of triggers and warning signs of relapse as well as rational versus irrational thinking to help create positive thought processes.
Co-occurring disorders program: Many times, the trauma of military experience can lead to co-occurring disorders, which means two or more disorders involving substance abuse and mental health issues. The
Outpatient psychiatric clinic: Cedar Crest Outpatient Clinic is located near Fort Hood military base in Kileen, Texas. Psychiatrists and licensed clinicians provide psychiatric evaluations and family therapy, as well as medication management on an outpatient basis. If necessary, we also provide referrals to acute care facilities as needed.
U.S. Army | U.S. Air Force | U.S. Navy | U.S. Marine Corps | U.S. Coast Guard
Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service
Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association