In order to provide the most optimal services possible, our treatment center offers individualized programming to meet each of our patient’s needs.
About Our IOP
Learn about our intensive outpatient program at Cedar Crest Hospital & Residential Treatment Center
In order to give those in our care at our treatment center the best possible chance at achieving long-term recovery from mental health and behavioral challenges, we are proud to provide intensive outpatient program (IOP) treatment. Located in Belton, Texas, our IOP is housed within the Cedar Crest Hospital, in Belton, Texas. The IOP program is designed to give adults with mental illness the care they need to manage mental health and behavioral issues.
What to Expect
Learn what to expect in our intensive outpatient program in Belton, TX
IOP treatment occupies a unique space in the broad spectrum of treatment that we provide. IOP care is tailored for individuals who do not need the intensive support of a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or inpatient treatment but would benefit from a higher level of care than a traditional outpatient treatment program – such as weekly therapy and support groups – can provide. Often individuals in IOP are either stepping down from inpatient or PHP care or are stepping up from traditional outpatient care; however, direct admission into the IOP may be an option. To find out if IOP is the right option for you, contact our admissions team for a free assessment.
Our adult IOP is offered Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm in a virtual environment, making it an excellent treatment option for many individuals who work or attend school during the day.
IOP treatment begins with a complete evaluation by a licensed clinician. This clinician will meet with the child, adolescent, or adult, as well as family members as appropriate, to assess the individual’s treatment needs. After the assessment is complete, the clinician will create a personalized treatment plan that addresses the individual’s unique strengths, treatment needs, and goals, providing a specially-tailored plan for how treatment can best be of help for that person.
Find out more about the therapies offered at Cedar Crest Hospital’s IOP
We offer a number of interventions in IOP, such as:
- Individual therapy – Meeting one-on-one with an experienced therapist allows those in our care to benefit from individualized support and attention within this program. These hour-long sessions are guided by each patient’s needs and are an excellent place to discuss successes and setbacks and process material that a patient may not feel comfortable discussing in a group setting.
- Groups – In many ways the backbone of treatment at Killeen IOP, groups are led by experienced clinicians and allow individuals with mental health concerns to come together to support and be supported by each other, learn and practice recovery skills, and develop a foundation for life-long recovery.
- Psychoeducation – Simply learning about recovery issues and one’s mental health condition can be a powerful aid to recovery, so we include psychoeducation as a standard component of our treatment.
What We Treat
Psychiatric and mental health issues treated at our IOP in Belton, TX
Although we provide treatment for a wide range of mental health concerns, some of the most common issues that we treat include:
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Parent-child relational problems
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
For More Information
For more information on our IOP for adults in Belton, TX
We recognize that our IOP treatment is only one step in a patient’s lifelong journey towards mental wellness, so we begin discharge planning from day one in treatment within this program.
By participating in our IOP, adults can receive the support and learn the skills that can enable them to maximize their potential. If you or someone you love may benefit from the compassionate and comprehensive services we provide, including our IOP, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our admissions team is happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine if Cedar Crest’s Killeen IOP is the best choice for you or your loved one.