In order to provide the most optimal services possible, our treatment center offers individualized programming to meet each of our patient’s needs.
Learn about our intensive outpatient program at Cedar Crest Hospital & Residential Treatment Center
In order to give those in our care at our treatment center the best possible chance at achieving long-term recovery from mental health and behavioral challenges, we are proud to provide intensive outpatient program (IOP) treatment. Located in Killeen, Texas, our IOP is housed within the Cedar Crest Outpatient Clinic, about 18 miles west of our main campus in Belton, Texas. The Killeen IOP is designed to give children, adolescents, and adults with mental illness the care they need to manage mental health and behavioral issues.
Our treatment center is accredited by the Joint Commission and is licensed by the Texas Department of Health and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. We are committed to being a leader in Texas for the provision of evidence-based, quality behavioral healthcare for children, adolescents, adults, active duty military, and families in a caring and safe environment within our treatment programs.
Learn what to expect in our intensive outpatient program in Killeen, TX
IOP treatment occupies a unique space in the broad spectrum of treatment that we provide. Inpatient treatment requires that the individual lives at our center so he or she can be supervised 24 hours a day while in this program. This level of care is appropriate for individuals who are in crisis or are in need of psychiatric stabilization. The next step down from an inpatient treatment program is our partial hospitalization program, or PHP. Individuals in PHP come to our center every weekday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but they live at their homes during treatment. IOP treatment, then, is the next step down from PHP care. IOP care is tailored for individuals who do not need the intensive support of a partial hospitalization program (PHP) or inpatient treatment but would benefit from a higher level of care than a traditional outpatient treatment program – such as weekly therapy and support groups – can provide. Often individuals in IOP are either stepping down from inpatient or PHP care or are stepping up from traditional outpatient care.
During IOP treatment, individuals live at home and commute to the treatment center for programming. As such, admission to the IOP is based partly on an individual’s ability to live safely in his or her home during the nights and weekends. Day treatment, which includes IOP, occurs Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., though individuals in IOP will not be in treatment for that entire time period.
IOP treatment begins with a complete evaluation by a licensed clinician. This clinician will meet with the child, adolescent, or adult, as well as family members as appropriate, to assess the individual’s treatment needs. After the assessment is complete, the clinician will create a personalized treatment plan that addresses the individual’s unique strengths, treatment needs, and goals, providing a specially-tailored plan for how treatment can best be of help for that person.
Find out more about the therapies offered at Cedar Crest Hospital’s IOP
We offer a number of interventions in IOP, such as:
- Individual therapy – Meeting one-on-one with an experienced therapist allows those in our care to benefit from individualized support and attention within this program. These hour-long sessions are guided by each patient’s needs and are an excellent place to discuss successes and setbacks and process material that a patient may not feel comfortable discussing in a group setting.
- Groups – In many ways the backbone of treatment at Killeen IOP, groups are led by experienced clinicians and allow individuals with mental health concerns to come together to support and be supported by each other, learn and practice recovery skills, and develop a foundation for life-long recovery.
- Family therapy – We recognize that one’s mental illness affects his or her entire family, so we are pleased to provide quality family therapy services within our treatment program that help family members work through relational challenges and manage family dynamics to enable them to support the patient and each other to the best of their abilities.
- Experiential therapy – Individuals in treatment programs often benefit from other therapeutic activities above and beyond traditional individual, group, and family talk therapy. As such, we are proud to offer experiential therapies that engage our patients’ bodies, minds, and spirits to build long-term wellness.
- Psychoeducation – Simply learning about recovery issues and one’s mental health condition can be a powerful aid to recovery, so we include psychoeducation as a standard component of our treatment.
Psychiatric and mental health issues treated at our IOP in Killeen, TX
Although we provide treatment for a wide range of mental health concerns, some of the most common issues that we treat include:
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Parent-child relational problems
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
For more information on our IOP for children, adults, and adolescents in Killeen, TX
We recognize that our IOP treatment is only one step in a patient’s lifelong journey towards mental wellness, so we begin discharge planning from day one in treatment within this program. We do our best to ensure that patients are discharged into the welcoming arms of therapists, support groups, and other outpatient resources in their communities.
By participating in our IOP, children, adolescents, and adults can receive the support and learn the skills that can enable them to maximize their potential. If you or someone you love may benefit from the compassionate and comprehensive services we provide, including our IOP, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our admissions team is happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine if Cedar Crest’s Killeen IOP is the best choice for you or your loved one.